This DIY Is So Easy And Impressive...I'll definitely try it immediately!

Since the digital era has begun I stopped printing my photos, however photos are so meaningful to me having the around in different picture frames that this DIY project made me surprisingly happy and excited to begin once again printing and selecting beautiful moments! I've been already dreaming up creative ways to display some of my photos around the house. I've always wanted to try transferring a photo to wood so I looked up a few tutorials online to see how it's done, this one is so simple that I am definitely going to try!

For this project you will need a picture printed on normal copy paper, mod podge, a block of wood and a gel medium (which you can find in any craft store). After you have the supplies it is really easy. First cover the wood with the gel, put the picture down on it and let it dry for a bit. Next, you get a wet cloth wipe the wetted paper off. Once you get the entire residue off, your photo will magically be transformed onto the wood.
Once you give this a try, I think you’ll find yourself looking for more ways to apply this technique!

Don't forget though that you cannot use an image that comes from your ink jet printer at home. The ink will smear and you’ll be disappointed (unless you were going for an impressionist style piece!). You need to use a photocopied image. I'll go to my local public library to use the color copier.

It’s a really unique way to display and show your pictures off. It can also work great as a gift.

Credits: Crystal Hethcote

Share this crafting technique with others; I am sure they love it!
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου